Haunted Hanover: A Paranormal Investigation
March 9 @ 6:45 pm - March 10 @ 1:30 am
𝑱𝒐𝒊𝒏 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒂𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒎𝒂𝒍 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓, 𝒂𝒔 𝒘𝒆 𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆 160 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒔 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕…
The evening will begin at Hanover County’s Cold Harbor Battlefield. From May 31 to June 12, 1864, the Battle of Cold Harbor raged on. One of the final battles of Union Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant’s Overland Campaign, this battle is remembered as one of the bloodiest and most lopsided battles of American history. With over 18,000 casualties and losses, the land this battle occurred on is stained in energy, emotion, and history.
This will be only the second time a public investigation has ever been held at the Cold Harbor Battlefield – the first being over 4 years ago. It’s time we go back – and we want YOU to join us.
After we complete our investigation at Cold Harbor Battlefield, we’ll get into our cars and travel to the Hanover Tavern. The earliest portion of the Tavern being built in 1791, there was a Tavern on the property spanning back to 1733. One of only a few surviving colonial-era Taverns in the United States, the Hanover Tavern hosted such historic figures as George Washington, Lord Cornwallis, Patrick Henry, P.T. Barnum, Marquis de Lafayette, and more. Both Union and Confederate troops utilized the Tavern on their way to and from the battlefields.
Not only will you have the opportunity to investigate Hanover Tavern, but also the Historic Courthouse and Old Stone Jail as well – both hotbeds for paranormal activity.
For years, guests of each of these locations report eerie experiences of ghost apparitions, smells, and unexplainable noises. For the first time ever, we have access to investigate those claims. Are Union and Confederate soldiers still waging war at Hanover County’s Cold Harbor Battlefield? Are previous Hanover Tavern keepers still roaming the halls? It’s time to find out for yourself.
𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐄𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞.
𝐓𝐢𝐜𝐤𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧.
𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭!100% of the proceeds will go directly to the Hanover Tavern Foundation for their continued historic preservation and restoration efforts, as well as educational programming and community outreach!
– We will be breaking into small groups to investigate each location. Each group will be led by an investigator with equipment that may help you on your investigation!
– We will be investigating outdoors for the first portion of the investigation (Cold Harbor Battlefield). Please dress accordingly.
– We will be traveling outdoors to different buildings during the investigation at Hanover Tavern. The buildings do have HVAC and will be heated, but please dress accordingly.
– We will be utilizing our own personal vehicles for traveling from Cold Harbor Battlefield to Hanover Tavern. Please plan accordingly. If you plan to attend with a friend, consider carpooling and leaving your car ahead of time at Hanover Tavern. Parking is limited at Hanover Tavern, but additional parking is available across the street directly behind the Historic Hanover Courthouse and Old Stone Jail.
– Please do not put on fragrances prior to the investigation. Smells and scents are often reported at haunted locations as a sign of spirit activity, and it will be difficult to identify if we are wearing fragrances.
– Please do not wear loose jewelry, baggy clothing, etc. These often make extra sounds and noises that will make listening to and identifying E.V.P.s difficult!
– There will be identified location(s) outside for you to smoke. All forms of cigarettes, vapes, e-cigs, etc. are not to be utilized while within any buildings. There will be an identified receptacle for cigarette butt disposal.
– Please do not plan to investigate under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You will be asked to leave if so.
– Weapons of any and all kinds are strictly forbidden.
– Ouija Boards are strictly forbidden.
– “Crossing over”, “Smudging”, and “Provoking” are strictly prohibited.
– Bring your equipment! We’ll have some that you can use within your groups, but you are welcome to bring any equipment you have for investigating that you can carry with you. A flashlight is highly encouraged. Additionally, if you do not have an audio recorder, bring your phone! We’ll ask you to put it in airplane mode, but you can still record audio onto your cellphone – a large number of people on our investigations have recorded EVPs on their phones!
– 𝐌𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲, 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐧!
This investigation is for you, so bring your ideas and thoughts for investigating! You never know what, or who, you will run into, and we value your unique ideas and suggestions for investigating these locations! We urge you to be ready to be involved in the investigation! Think of some questions you’d like to ask in advance, if you have any theories that we can test out, and more!
𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐬, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐨𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥.