- This event has passed.
A Historic Haunting: Scotchtown & Hanover Tavern
March 26, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - March 27, 2022 @ 1:00 am$65
What lurks in the shadows of Scotchtown and Hanover Tavern after dark?
It’s time for you to find out for yourself.
Join Transcend Paranormal, Hanover Tavern Foundation, and Preservation Virginia as we delve into the paranormal once more at two beautiful historic locations. We are once again pairing up with Preservation Virginia, Patrick Henry’s Scotchtown, and the Hanover Tavern to investigate Scotchtown and Hanover Tavern – both in one evening!
These locations are tied in history; from Patrick Henry’s family, the Shelton family, and more. Many of those who visited the grounds of Scotchtown were also visitors of the Hanover Tavern and surrounding buildings.
You’ll have an opportunity to explore and investigate a total of 8 locations this evening, spread across 2 sites.
- Scotchtown (Main House)
- Kitchen House
- Old Law Office
- Grounds & Garden
- Hanover Tavern
- Old Stone Jail
- Historic Courthouse
We have investigated all of these locations numerous times and have come away with proof of the paranormal on every visit. Guests of these locations often report eerie experiences of ghostly apparitions, smells, and noises that could never be explained.
Admission is $65.
Reservations are required.
All Experience Levels Welcome!
This is a fundraising investigation! All proceeds of this event directly and entirely benefit Scotchtown and Hanover Tavern.
- You are welcome to bring your own equipment to investigate.
- We will break into small groups at each site to investigate. Each group will be led by an investigator with equipment to assist on the investigation.
- We will be outside for a portion of the investigation, so please dress accordingly.
- Light Snacks and Refreshments will be provided.
- We will begin the evening at Scotchtown and travel via personal vehicle(s) to Hanover Tavern during the evening.
- If you are investigating with a friend, consider carpooling! We will end the night at Hanover Tavern, so meet your friends there to carpool prior to heading to Scotchtown. Should the Hanover Tavern parking lot be full, there is additional parking available across the street behind the Library.
- Please do not put on fragrances before the investigation. Smells are often reported at both locations and it will be difficult to identify if we are wearing fragrances.
- Please do not wear loose jewelry, baggy clothing, etc. These often make extra sounds and noises that will make listening to and identifying EVPs difficult!
- There will be identified spots if you need to smoke a cigarette. Please make sure you dispose of your cigarette butts accordingly.
- Please do not plan to investigate under the influence of drugs or alcohol. We will ask you to leave the premises if so.
- Weapons of any kind are strictly forbidden.
- Bring your equipment! We’ll have some that you can use within your groups, but you are welcome to bring any equipment you have for investigating that you can carry with you. A flashlight is highly encouraged. Additionally, if you do not have an audio recorder, bring your phone! We’ll ask you to put it in airplane mode, but you can still record audio onto your cellphone – a large number of people on our investigations have recorded EVPs on their phones!
- Most importantly, have fun! This investigation is for you, so bring your ideas and thoughts for investigating! You never know what, or who, you will run into, and we value your unique ideas and suggestions for investigating these locations! We urge you to be ready to be involved in the investigation! Think of some questions you’d like to ask in advance, if you have any theories that we can test out, and more!
The safety of our guests and staff is our biggest priority.
With this in mind, we will be doing our due diligence to ensure we meet the regulated guidelines at the time of the event, and we need your help too.
We ask that all guests:
Wear a facial mask covering your mouth and nose while inside of the buildings, when congregating, and when in groups.
Practice Social Distancing.
Stay with your specified group for the duration of the investigation.
We ask that anyone who has been exposed to someone who has, or may have, COVID-19 within 14 days leading up to the event, to please stay home. Refunds will be issued if either situation occurs.
For more information or questions, please contact us.